Sunday, December 21, 2008

Whole Grains Fight Belly Fat

I have learned that eating whole grain bread & cereal is healthier than white bread, so I have been on such diets for long time. However I have also put on quite a lot of belly fat which I attributed to the following factors:
  • Lack of exercise

  • Poor diet habits (wrong portion size, wrong time, etc)

  • Basically, caloric imbalance (Calorie Intake > Calorie Burned)

  • Total lack of understanding of belly fat (visceral fat) and it's risk
When I realized my high body fat early this year, I became quite worry and started lots of reading on its risks and learned how to combat it (in theory). I believe I have put the theory in good use and good effect, albeit slowly.

In short, combating belly fat is very important if we want to lower our chance of developing heart disease, diabetes or even cancer.

I like to share these 2 useful articles, read the study carefully:


No comments: