Thursday, December 25, 2008

Anne Mahlum - CNN Hero of the Year



I was watching CNN tonite and impressed with Anne Mahlum who was named one of the CNN Hero of the Year in US. She is the Founder and President of Back On My Feet organisation is a non-profit organization that promotes the self-sufficiency of Philadelphia's homeless population by engaging them in running as a means to build confidence, strength and self-esteem.

So running is not just for promoting health to ourselves but also can help others, I wonder there's such similar organisation in Malaysia? In fact I think there are many as I remember there's one that in Penang where they organisation a 24-hour delay challenge run around Penang Island to raise fund for the underprivileged. May be I should participate in the next run in 2009.

No comments: