Friday, January 23, 2009

Mt Kinabalu Charity Climb - part 2


I have received my charity climb donation card today, so that's just in time for me to do donation collection for charity fund to help the cardiac children. We (the hospital) hopes to raise RM250,000 in total to help 10 children with open heart operation. As a climber I have to raise RM10,000, so I need a lot of help & support from my friends and family members.

As a climber, I also have to pay my own air-ticket & other misc expenses. So the money I raised will fully go to the donation fund and it's not for my trip. My hospital is able to issue tax-exampt receipt for your kind donation, if you wish to receive one.

I have started my training this week by climbing the Penang Hill from Moon Gate near Botanical Garden to reach point 84 by 50min, it was a slow climb & not too hard for me. The total time spent was 1.5hr as coming down hill is faster. But I was told that this is just 1/8 of the distance compare to Mt KK, and that will be tough :-(. I was advised to train at least twice a week up to two months before the actual climb, so I have to put in a lot of time and effort to train for this. So I really hope that all my friends will support me in my donation collection this Chinese New Year period as this is really for the good cause.
Mt Kinabalu is South-East Asia's tallest mountain. The highest point is Low's Peak at 4,095.2m above sea level. As a friend, you are welcome to join me in the climb and be part of the team to have a new experience, gain a healthy & fit body thru training, plus doing charity at the same time. What a bargain!!

No comments: