Sunday, October 19, 2008

All works no play - no fun!

Today my family & me treat ourselves with the latest craze in town (BM shopping mall) - Big Apple Donuts & Coffee. We bought a big box of 12 donuts of various flavours @ RM21.

Yes, doughnuts/donuts are not healthy food. But once in awhile I will let go a bit.

The rule of thumb is unhealthy foods taste good, healthy foods taste bad or rather not-so-tasty.

Example of unhealthy foods are nasi lemak, roti canai, fried chicken, etc. Don't they taste great?!

And try pysllium and you will know how plain it tastes, but it's very good for your gut. I usually add honey to sweeten it. This is my 1st drink with empty stomach most morning.

Typically my 1st daily breakfast is a bowl of cereal with soya milk (yes, I avoid milk as much as possible, see this Milk-bad-for-you? & you will understand why I avoid milk). Usually I follow that with some slices of REAL wholemeal bread. The cost of my breakfast is usually more expensive than a bowl of noddle & coffee in the normal kopitiam, but it's so much more healthy. However I do treat myself to occassional noddles & nasi lemak - just like the title of this post, all works no play - no fun.

My favourite cereals are
















To some people this is even too sweet, but I feel it's ok as it's sweeten by natural dried fruits, not sugar. However I will avoid many other very-sweet-cereals found in most major hypermarket, those are sweeten with lots of sugar, just too much and is unhealthy actually. I will not display them here but check it out yourself, see their sugar content. Just go for those with lots of pure muesli, oats and must be uncoated with sweet/sugar.

No comments: