Monday, October 6, 2008

My running shoes


My first running shoes was a Mizuno Wave Elixir2 which I bought in June and used it for 4 months. Recently I bought a New Balance 1062 from KL and ditched the Mizuno, actually I gave it to my eldest son who is joining my running everyday (but shorter distance for the young man :-)).


It's a much better shoes compare to Mizuno. My Mizuno was quite loose and I felt unsafe and worried about spraining my ankle when running. My New Balance 1062 is so fitting and comfortable, it has gel-insert on the sore thus gives me a lot of comfort to run longer and faster. Currently I try to run everyday in order to burn more fat so that I can achieve my year end target. Typically I run about 8 to 10kms a day, 6 to 7 days a week. I usually finished 8kms in 1 hour.

I hope to buy a new pair of ASICS Nimbus10 next year which is quite expensive, at least RM300++ but I believe it's an ultimate running shoes judging from what I read on the internet.

Besides running, I also alternate with brisk walking. By doing running and brisk walking on different days, I get to exercise different part of my muscle groups. Brisk walking really works my stomach muscle big time. I feel it's harder compare with running, so I usually do about 6 to 8kms. Typically I walked 6kms in 45min before I run out of gas and have sore legs.

But if you have not been active, don't just go out and run a half marathon like some crazy fellow here, you may die of heart attack. Always consult your doctor before you decide to get active, make sure that you get a clear bill of health from your doctor as he will give you the best advise.

No comments: