Sunday, October 19, 2008

Blockbuster week - briskwalk & running

I had a blockbuster week in terms of running & briskwalk, courtesy of good weather.
  • From Mon to Fri, I did 6km every afternoon.

  • On Saturday I did 8km of running in the evening (45min).

  • On Sunday I did 8km of briskwalk in the morning (1hr) & 10km of running in the evening (1hr).
That's a total of 56kms in one week! Felt very encourage, especially after 10km of running, I still feel some gas left.

Now I am toying with the outrageous idea of doing half-marathon @ Penang Bridge Run 2008 on 16th Nov 2008 (which is 27days away!) for the 1st time in my life. Hopefully it's still not too late to register.

But half marathon is 25km distance which is beyond my normal limit, I reckon with a bit of luck I might be able to do 12-15kms running none-stop, NOT 25kms. I suspose some distance will be thru walking. I only have less than 1 month to prepare myself and have no clue how to do half-marathon, so I guess I have to either ask somebody or the net. Any expert out there want to give me a hint or two?

Alternatively I will do Starwalk Penang 2008 on 14th Dec 2008, if I am not mistaken that is a 10km walk, it should be easy. I have only done this walk twice in the past more than 10 years ago.

Any friend want to join me? But please get the clearance from your doctor first, make sure he say you are fit to do running.

No comments: